Community Health Management Course
Community Health Management Course: A Design
Reynaldo O. Joson,
MD, MHA, MHPEd, MS Surg
Community Health Management II
At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
1. Formulate an action research proposal on an identified and prioritized health problem of his assigned community with a timetable within the medicine course.
2. Start or continue to implement the 4-year comprehensive community health plan formulated in CHM I.
3. Implement a community health program on
3.2 Infections and Infestations
3.3 Maternal and Child Health Problems
4. Conduct public health education on
4.2 Infections and Infestations
4.3 Maternal and Child Health Problems
5. Continue to train a group of barangay health workers in his assigned community in basic promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative care.
6. Manage a health care unit in his assigned community.
7. Demonstrate skills of a primary health care physician in his assigned community.
8. Demonstrate problem-based learning skills.
9. Demonstrate self-directed learning skills.
Learning Strategies and Activities:
1. Under the guidance of the community preceptor, accomplish all the learning objectives prescribed in CHM II.
2. Group meeting once a week or more often with the preceptor to discuss problems and progress of projects and programs.
3. Submit a logbook to contain
3.1 All patients seen and handled.
3.2 All activities undertaken.
3.3 Experiential learning report
4. Submit accomplishment reports.