Gastrointestinal and Nutritional
Welcome to a learning experience in becoming a health professional.
This program has been especially designed with you, the learner, and the principles of effective teaching and learning in mind.
As you go through this learning program, please bear in mind the following:
1. I am treating you as an adult learner which
1.1 Assumes you have learning aspirations and expectations and therefore, are motivated;
1.2 Gives you the privilege to use other learning strategies in achieving the objectives in this program;
1.3 Welcomes you to go beyond the learning package as you so desire; and
1.4 Expects discipline, honesty, and maturity in fulfilling your learning activities.
2. We shall define learning as a positive observable change (for the better or improvement) in human behavior, disposition, attitude, performance, or capability which persists over a period of time.
3. Active learning strategies and activities will be utilized as much as possible.
4. The program will contain learning materials which I think will be relevant to your being an effective, efficient, and humane health professional.
5. The ultimate goal of the learning program is to produce health professionals who will contribute to the health development in the Philippines.
6. When I made this program, I tried my best to facilitate your learning. Bear in mind, however, that I am not infallible. Thus, analyze carefully everything in this program. Don't hesitate to offer disagreements and constructive criticisms for own learning and for the improvement of the program.
Best wishes for a fruitful learning with the help of this program.
Reynaldo O. Joson, MD, MHA, MHPEd,