Welcome to a learning experience in becoming a health
This program has been especially designed with you,
the learner, and the principles of effective teaching and learning in
As you go through this learning program, please bear
in mind the following:
- I am treating you as an adult learner
- Assumes you have learning aspirations
and expectations and therefore, are motivated;
- Gives you the privilege to use other learning
strategies in achieving the objectives in this program;
- Welcomes you to go beyond the learning package
as you so desire; and
- Expects discipline, honesty, and maturity in
fulfilling your learning activities.
- We shall define learning as a positive observable
change (for the better or improvement) in human behavior,
disposition, attitude, performance, or capability which persists
over a period of time.
- Active learning strategies and activities will be
utilized as much as possible.
- The program will contain learning materials which
I think will be relevant to your being an effective, efficient,
and humane health professional.
- The ultimate goal of the learning program is to
produce health professionals who will contribute to the health
development in the Philippines.
- When I made this program, I tried my best to
facilitate your learning. Bear in mind, however, that I am not
infallible. Thus, analyze carefully everything in this program.
Don't hesitate to offer disagreements and constructive criticisms
for my own learning and for the improvement of the program.
Best wishes for a fruitful
learning with the help of this program.
Reynaldo O. Joson, M.D.
Guidelines in Studying the