Computers in Health
Uses and How to Use Them
Reynaldo O. Joson,
MD, MHA, MHPEd, MS Surg
Now that you have completed the self-study program
proper, may I ask you to fill up the Postprogram Assessment. Please
don't look at the Preprogram Assessment as you fill up this
Postprogram Assessment so that both of us will have an objective
assessment of whether you have learned something from this program
and whether I have facilitated your learning or not.
Date: Day in number:Month in word: Year in number:
INSTRUCTIONS: Pls. accomplish and submit by pressing the "submit"
Directions: Assess your training needs on each of the
competences listed below. Use the rating scale where:
1- means I'm already competent and do not need to learn
2- means I'm fairly competent and need a little
3-means I need a lot of improvement
Place NA if a non-applicable situation arises.
1. Identify the 3 hardwares of a desktop
2. Identify the part that drives the
computer to do work for me.
3. Turn on the computer properly and
start working on it.
4. Shut off the computer
5. Connect to an Internet Service
6. Access the Medline and retrieve
7. Use a general search engine like the
AltaVista to search for webpages.
8. Use a word processor to :
Create a file.
Save a file into the hard
Save a file into a floppy
Print a file.
9. Locate and retrieve a file.
10. Use the email system
Send a message.
Retrieve a message.
Send an attached file.
11. Discuss the uses of computers in
health sciences education.
12. Use computers in my continuing
13. Use computers in teaching health
INSTRUCTIONS: Please answer the following questions and then click
the "submit" button below. Thank you.
of Self-Instructional Program