Computers in Health
Uses and How to Use Them
Reynaldo O. Joson,
MD, MHA, MHPEd, MS Surg
you proceed to the program proper, please fill up the Preprogram
Assessment. It is important that you accomplish this because it will
make both of us aware of where you stand as regards use of computers
in health science education.
Please answer as accurately and completely as you
can. Don't be shy to divulge your inadequacies. You are here to
learn. Likewise, don't let sense of modesty inhibit you from
revealing your existing competency. Knowing the status of your
existing competency on a subject matter should be the first step in
learning. Don't you think so?
Date: Day in number:Month in word: Year in number:
INSTRUCTIONS: Pls. accomplish and submit by pressing the "submit"
Directions: Assess your training needs on each of the
competences listed below. Use the rating scale where:
1- means I'm already competent and do not need to learn
2- means I'm fairly competent and need a little
3-means I need a lot of improvement
Place NA if a non-applicable situation arises.
1. Identify the 3 hardwares of a desktop
2. Identify the part that drives the
computer to do work for me.
3. Turn on the computer properly and
start working on it.
4. Shut off the computer
5. Connect to an Internet Service
6. Access the Medline and retrieve
7. Use a general search engine like the
AltaVista to search for webpages.
8. Use a word processor to :
Create a file.
Save a file into the hard
Save a file into a floppy
Print a file.
9. Locate and retrieve a file.
10. Use the email system
Send a message.
Retrieve a message.
Send an attached file.
11. Discuss the uses of computers in
health sciences education.
12. Use computers in my continuing
13. Use computers in teaching health